This Evidence of Coverage is provided to inform you that as a customer of ZANDER who is enrolled in our Identity Theft Protection Program that includes identity theft protection, you are entitled to certain benefits under a Master Policy, as referenced below. Your benefits will be subject to all of the terms, conditions, and exclusions of the Master Policy. Your entitlement to benefits under the Master Policy will terminate upon termination of your enrollment in this product.
Identity Fraud Reimbursement Benefits
We will provide the benefits described below to Subscribers in return for:
- the payment of premium; and
- compliance with all applicable provisions of this Policy.
Various provisions in this Policy restrict coverage. Read the entire Policy carefully to determine rights, duties and what is and is not covered.
The Occurrence Date must be during the term of the Program and the policy period.
We will pay up to the limit of insurance shown on the Declarations Page if the cause of Loss is shown as applicable on the Declarations Page or Certificate of Insurance page.
Identity Fraud - Expense Reimbursement
If a limit for Identity Fraud – Expense Reimbursement is listed on the Delcarations Page, we will reimburse the Subscriber for Expenses and Legal Costs incurred by the Subscriber, less any deductibles set forth on the Declarations Page or Certificate of Insurance, as the direct result of the following:
Fraud or Embezzlement
- For Loss arising out of Fraud or Embezzlement perpetrated against the Subscriber, during the term of the Program.
- For Loss resulting directly from Theft of property related to the Subscriber’s information, checkbook, savings record, ATM access or securities from the Subscriber, during the term of the Program.
- For Loss resulting directly from forgery or alteration of checks, drafts, promissory notes, or similar written promises, orders or directions to pay money that are:
- Made or drawn by or drawn upon the Subscriber’s account; or
- Made or drawn by one purporting to act as the Subscriber’s agent.
- For Loss resulting directly from the misuse of Subscriber’s information as a result of a data compromise of information from a financial institution, a credit reporting agency, a credit granter or a securities firm that results in monies stolen from the Subscriber’s accounts or misuse of data to obtain property, credit or monies using the Subscriber’s information.
Stolen Identity Event
- For Loss resulting from a Stolen Identity Event.
Unauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer Reimbursement
We will reimburse the Subscriber for a Stolen Funds Loss incurred by the Subscriber, less any deductibles set forth on the Declarations Page or Certificate of Information page, as the direct result of an Unauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer.
We, Us, and Our means Interstate Fire & Casualty Company.
Access Device means a card (including credit, debit and ATM cards), code, PIN, password, personal check or other similar means of access to the Subscriber’s account at a financial institution for the purpose of withdrawing or transferring funds, making purchases, or making long distance or cellular/digital (wireless) telephone calls.
Date of Discovery occurs when the Subscriber first becomes aware of facts which would cause a reasonable person to assume that a Loss covered by this insurance has been or will be incurred, even though the exact amount or details of Loss may not then be known. Discovery also occurs when the Subscriber receives notice of an actual or potential claim against the Subscriber involving Loss covered under this insurance.
- Costs incurred by the Subscriber for re- filing applications for loans, grants, or other credit that are rejected solely because the lender received from any source incorrect information as a result of the Identity Fraud;
- Costs for notarizing affidavits or other similar documents, long distance telephone calls, travel and postage reasonably incurred as a result of the Subscriber’s efforts to report an Identity Fraud or amend or rectify records as to the Subscriber’s true name or identity as a result of an Identity Fraud;
- Costs for contesting the accuracy or completeness of any information contained in a credit report following an Identity Fraud;
- Costs for ordering medical records for the purpose of amending and/or rectifying them as a result of an Identity Fraud;
- Payment for reasonable expenses incurred that were a result of recovery from an Identity Fraud such as; credit freeze, credit thaw costs, transcript costs, Appeal bond, court filing fees, expert witness or courier fees;
- Actual lost base wages that would have been earned, for time reasonably and necessarily taken off work solely as a result of efforts to amend or rectify records as to the Subscriber’s identity as a result of an Identity Fraud. Actual lost wages includes remuneration for vacation days, discretionary days, floating holidays, and paid personal days but not for sick days or any cost arising from time taken from self-employment. Coverage is limited to base wages within 12 months after discovery of an Identity Fraud.
- Child or elderly care costs that would have otherwise not been incurred, resulting from time reasonably and necessarily taken away from providing such care as a result of efforts to amend or rectify records as to the Subscriber’s identity as a result of an Identity Fraud.
Family Member means the spouse, parent, siblings, children, relations by marriage and/ or any other member of, or persons residing in the Subscriber’s household.
Forgery means the signing of the name of another person or organization as the maker, drawer, issuer or endorser of a check, draft, promissory note, letter of credit, withdrawal order or other written unconditional promise or order to pay on demand a sum certain, without the authorization of that person or organization and with the intent to deceive. Forgery does not mean a signature which consists in whole or in part of one’s own name signed with or without authority, in any capacity, for any purpose.
Fraud or Embezzlement means:
- An electronic, telegraphic, cable, teletype, telefacsimile or telephone instruction which purports to have been transmitted by the Subscriber, but which was in fact fraudulently transmitted by someone else without the Subscriber’s knowledge or consent; or
- A written instruction issued by the Subscriber, which was altered by someone other than the Subscriber, or purported to be issued by the Subscriber but was forged or fraudulently issued without the Subscriber’s knowledge or consent; or or
- An electronic, telegraphic, cable, teletype, telefacsimile, telephone or written instruction initially received by the Subscriber which purports to have been transmitted by an employee but which was in fact fraudulently transmitted by someone else without the Subscriber’s or the employee's knowledge or consent
Identity Fraud means the act of knowingly transferring or using, without lawful authority, a means of identification of the Subscriber with the intent to commit, or to aid or abet, any unlawful activity that constitutes a violation of Federal, State or local law.
Loss means the expenses and Legal Costs incurred by the Subscriber.
Legal Costs means the costs for reasonable fees for an attorney with either prior approval by us or costs, or up to a $125 per hour for an attorney selected by the Subscriber and related court fees, incurred by the Subscriber, for:
- Defense of any legal action brought against the Subscriber by a merchant, creditor or collection agency or entity acting on their behalf for non-payment of goods or services or default on a loan as a result of the Identity Fraud;
- Defense of or the removal of any criminal or civil judgments wrongly entered against the Subscriber as a result of Identity Fraud; and
- Challenging the accuracy or completeness of any information in a consumer credit report or medical records as a result of an Identity Fraud.
Occurrence Date means the earliest possible Date of Discovery of an incident of an actual or attempted fraudulent, dishonest or criminal act or series of related acts, whether committed by one or more persons.
Policyholder means the entity identified on the Declarations Page of this Policy.
Program means the offerings provided and issued by the Policyholder or Policyholder’s customer to the Subscribers.
Proof of Loss means receipts for reasonable out of pocket expenses.
Stolen Funds Loss means the monetary Loss arising out of an unauthorized electronic transfer of funds, exclusive of interest and fees, incurred by the Subscriber. It does not include
- any amount of which the Subscriber did not seek, or receive, reimbursement from the financial institution which issued the access device and holds the account from which funds were stolen, or
- any amount for which the Subscriber received reimbursement from any source.
Stolen Identity Event means the theft, unauthorized, or illegal use of the Subscriber’s credentials, passwords, credit or debit cards, bank accounts, name, address, social security number, driver’s license number, health insurance information, medical identification number, or other method of identifying the Subscriber.
Subscriber means the natural person on record with the Policyholder as an eligible participant in a Program of the Policyholder, and includes all eligible Family Members.
Unauthorized Electronic Funds Transfer means: Any transfer of funds that are initiated through an electronic terminal, telephone, computer, or magnetic tape for the purpose of ordering, instructing, or authorizing a financial institution to debit or credit a Subscriber’s account. Unauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer includes, but is not limited to, (i) point-of-sale transfers; (ii) automated teller machine transfers; (iii) direct deposits or withdrawals of funds; (iv) transfers initiated by phone; (v) transfers resulting from debit card transactions, whether or not initiated through an electronic terminal.
This policy does not cover:
- Loss due to any fraudulent, dishonest or criminal act by the Subscriber or any person acting in concert with the Subscriber, or immediate Family Member, whether acting alone or in collusion with others;
Loss resulting directly or indirectly from any errors or omissions occurring in the following actions:
- the input of data to any computer system; or
- the processing of data bv any computer system; or
- the manual or electronic processing of any output produced by any computer system;
- Loss resulting directly or indirectly from the voluntary entrusting by the Subscriber of any access device, in whole or in part, to any person or entity;
- Loss resulting from any unintentional clerical error in the transfer from or debit of any account of the Subscriber which is initiated by a financial institution, or any employee(s) thereof. However, this exclusion shall not apply to a fraudulent act of an employee(s) of a financial institution where said employee(s) is acting without the permission or instruction of their employer;
- Loss in connection with any pre- authorized transfer from any account, or to any other account of the Subscriber;
- indirect or consequential Loss of any nature;
- Loss of potential income not realized by the Subscriber;
- Loss other than expenses except under stolen funds Loss coverage
- Loss resulting from an Identity Fraud that was discovered prior to the effective date of this Policy;
- Loss arising out of business pursuits of The Subscriber;
- Loss of valuable papers, valuable documents, jewelry, silverware and other personal property including the philatelic value of stamps and the numismatic value of coins not in circulation;
- property damage, bodily injury or personal injury;
- Losses incurred from financial performance of any investment of financial product;
- Loss from games of chance;
- as to Coverage, Section I, items A - E, to recovery of actual financial Losses of any kind from acts of fraud or identity theft;
- any Loss, claims or damages that are not covered under the terms and provisions of this Policy;
- legal fees in excess of $125 per hour without prior approval from us;
- any Loss which occurred while the Subscriber was not part of the Program.
Limits of Insurance - Our maximum limit of liability for Loss under this Policy shall not exceed the applicable limit stated on the Declarations Page.
All Loss incidental to an actual or attempted fraudulent, dishonest or criminal act or series of related acts, whether committed by one or more persons, shall be deemed to arise out of one occurrence.
Our total aggregate limit of liability shown on the Declarations Page will be the maximum amount we will pay for all covered Losses per Subscriber regardless of the number of Losses that occur for any one Subscriber during the term of the Program.
We will pay any Loss covered under this Policy within thirty (30) days after:
- We reach agreement with the Subscriber; or
- The entry of final judgment.
Notice of Claim must be given to us by
- in writing; and
- within a reasonable time period after the date of discovery.
Duties When Loss Occurs – Upon knowledge or discovery of Loss which may give rise to a claim under the terms of this Policy, the insured is responsible for notifying the Subscriber of the following requirements:
- Give notice as soon as practicable to: (1) the appropriate authority and affected institution s, if applicable; and (2) us or any of our authorized agents; If the Loss involves a violation of law, the Subscriber shall also notify the police. The Subscriber must submit a copy of the police report when filing a claim;
- File detailed proof of Loss, duly sworn to, with us within sixty (60) days after the Date of Discovery;
- Upon our request, submit to examination by us, and subscribe the same, under oath if required;
- Upon our request, cooperate to help us enforce legal rights against anyone who may be liable to the Subscriber to include giving evidence and attending depositions, hearing and trials;
- Produce for our examination all pertinent records;
- Cooperate with us in all matters pertaining to Loss or claims;
- For Stolen Funds Loss reimbursement, the Subscriber must authorize the financial institution to provide certified documentation directly to us, signed by an authorized financial institution representative. This documentation must indicate that funds were fraudulently removed, the amount of the Loss, the type of the Loss suffered, and confirmation that funds are non- recoverable from the financial institution; and all at such reasonable times and places as we shall designate.
- Transfer of Rights of Recovery Against Others to us - If any person or organization to or for whom we make payment under this insurance has rights to recover damages from another, those rights are transferred to us. That person or organization must do everything necessary to secure our rights and must do nothing to impair them.
- Assignment - This Policy may not be assigned to another person without our written consent. We will have no liability under this Policy in the case of assignment without such written consent.
- Other Insurance - This insurance is excess of any other valid and collectible insurance or reimbursement available to the Subscriber.
- Action Against Us - No action may be brought against us unless there has been full compliance with all of the terms and conditions of this Policy and suit is filed within twenty-four (24) months from the date of Occurrence. No one will have the right to join us as a party to any against the Policyholder or Subscriber.
Cancellation of Policy - This Policy may be cancelled by the Policyholder for any reason upon thirty (30) days written notice to us.
If we cancel, the return premium will be computed pro rata. If the Policyholder requests cancellation, the return premium will be computed pro rata.
We may cancel this Policy by mailing to the Policyholder, at the mailing address shown in the policy, written notice at least sixty (60) days, or thirty (30) days based upon non-payment of premium, before the date cancellation takes effect. The written notice will state the reason for cancellation.
When this Policy has been in effect for sixty (60) days or more, we may cancel for one or more of the following reasons:
- nonpayment of premium;
- conviction of a crime arising out of acts increasing the hazard insured against;
- discovery of fraud or material misrepresentation in the obtaining of the Policy or in the presentation of a claim number
- the Policy or in the presentation of a claim thereunder;
- failure to comply with Loss control recommendations;
- material increase in hazard due to changes in statutory or case law;
- Loss of or change in capacity.
We may elect not to renew this Policy. We may do so by delivering to the Policyholder at their address shown in the Declarations, written notice at least sixty (60) days before the anniversary date of this Policy which is written for an indefinite term. The written notice will state the reason for Nonrenewal. Proof of mailing will be sufficient proof of notice.
All coverage under this policy will terminate at the same time as the Policy.
All notices of cancellation and nonrenewal will contain the specific reason for cancelation and nonrenewal.
Concealment Or Misrepresentation - This Policy is void as to any Policyholder if, at any time, said
- intentionally concealed or misrepresented a material fact or circumstance;
- engaged in fraudulent conduct; or
- made false statements; relating to this Policy. We shall not be liable to any Subscriber for Loss suffered as a result of action or inaction by the Policyholder, including such action or inaction as may result in voidance of coverage.
- Choice of Law – Any dispute arising under the policy, or with respect to the application of or interpretation of this policy, shall be governed by the laws of the state of Texas.
- Appraisal – In the case the Subscriber and we shall fail to agree as to the actual cash value or the amount of Loss, then, on the written demand of either, each shall select a competent and disinterested appraiser and notify the other of the appraiser selected within twenty days of such demand. The appraisers shall first select a competent and disinterested umpire; and failing for fifteen (15) days to agree upon such umpire, then on request the Subscriber or us, such umpire shall be selected by a judge of a court of record in the state in which the property covered is located. The appraisers shall then appraise the Loss, stating separately actual cash value and Loss to each item; and failing to agree, such submit their differences, only, to the umpire. An award in writing, so itemized, of any two when filed with us shall determine the amount of actual cash value and Loss. Each appraiser shall be paid by the party selecting him and the expenses of appraisal and umpire shall be paid by the parties equally.
WITNESSWHEREOF, we have caused this Policy to be signed by its authorized Company officers and countersigned (where required by law) on the Declarations Page by a duly authorized representative.