Summary Description of Benefits for the Personal Internet & Identity Coverage Master Policy
This Summary is provided to inform you that as a member of ID Experts, you are entitled benefits under the Master Policy referenced below. The description herein is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for terms, conditions, and exclusions of coverage. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions. A complete copy of the Policy will be provided upon request.
The Personal Identity Coverage Master Policy has been issued to: ID Experts (the "Master Policy Holder"), Policy Number: 916252 underwritten by subsidiaries or affiliates of Chartis Inc.
Should you have any questions regarding the Membership Program provided by ID Experts, or wish to view a complete copy of the Master Policy, please call ID Experts Member Services at 866-431-4431.
Limit of Insurance
Aggregate Limit of Insurance: $1,000,000 per policy period**
Lost Wages: $7,500 per week, for 4 weeks maximum
Deductible $ 0 per policy period
**Residents of the State of New York are subject to Aggregate Limit of Insurance of $30,000 per policy period.
Filing a Claim
To learn how to file a claim under the Master Policy, please call ID Experts Member Services at 866-431-4431
This is a group master policy issued to ID Experts. If this master policy is terminated, your benefits will cease effective that date. It is the obligation of ID Experts to inform you of any termination of the master policy.
We shall pay you for the following:
- i. Reasonable and necessary costs incurred by you in the United States for re-filing applications for loans, grants or other credit instruments that are rejected solely as a result of a stolen identity event
- ii. Reasonable and necessary costs incurred by you in the United States for notarizing affidavits or other similar documents, long distance telephone calls and postage solely as a result of your efforts to report a stolen identity event and/or amend or rectify records as to your true name or identity as a result of a stolen identity event;
- iii. Reasonable and necessary costs incurred by the insured for up to six credit reports from established credit bureaus (with no more than two reports from any one credit bureau) dated within 12 months after your knowledge or discovery of a stolen identity event.
- Lost Wages
Actual lost wages that would have been earned in the United States, whether partial or whole days, for time reasonably and necessarily taken off work and away from the insured's work premises solely as a result of the insured's efforts to amend or rectify records as to the insured's true name or identity as a result of a stolen identity event. Actual lost wages includes remuneration for vacation days, discretionary days, floating holidays, and paid personal days and excludes business interruption or future earnings of a self-employed professional. Computation of lost wages for self-employed professionals must be supported by and will be based on prior year tax returns. Coverage is limited to wages lost within 12 months after the insured's discovery of a stolen identity event.
- Legal defense fees and expenses
Reasonable and necessary fees and expenses incurred in the United States by you with our consent for an attorney approved by us for:
- Defending any civil suit brought against you by a creditor or collection agency or entity acting on behalf of a creditor for non-payment of goods or services or default on a loan as a result of a stolen identity event; and
- Removing any civil judgment wrongfully entered against you as a result of the stolen identity event. A stolen identity event is the theft or your personal identification, social security number, or other method of identifying you, which has or could reasonably result in the wrongful use of such information, including but not limited to stolen identity events occurring on or arising out of your use of the Internet. A stolen identity event does not include the theft or unauthorized or illegal use of your business name, d/b/a or any other method of identifying your business activity.
- Unauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer Reimbursement
You will be reimbursed, the principal amount, exclusive of interest and fees, incurred by you and caused by an Unauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer. Stolen Funds Loss shall not include any amount for which you did not seek reimbursement from the financial institution which issued the access device and holds the account from which funds were stolen, and stolen funds loss shall not include any amount for which you received reimbursement from any source.
Unauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer means an Electronic Fund Transfer from your account initiated by a person other than you without the actual authority to initiate the transfer and from which you receive no benefit. An Unauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer does not include an Electronic Fund Transfer initiated: (1) by a person who was furnished the access device to your account by you, unless you had notified the financial institution that transfers by such person were no longer authorized; (2) with fraudulent intent by you or any person acting in concert with you; or (3) by the financial institution or its employee.
The Master Policy provides benefits to you only if you or ID Experts report a Stolen Identity Event or an Unauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer to us as soon as you become aware of a Stolen Identity Event or Unauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer, but in no event later than 90 days after the Stolen Identity Event or Unauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer is discovered by you
In addition, you or the Master Policyholder on your behalf must follow the instructions provided. These instructions will include notifying major credit bureaus, the Federal Trade Commission’s Identity Theft Hotline and appropriate law enforcement authorities. A claim form will also instruct you how to file for benefits under the policy if the Stolen Identity Event or an Unauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer results in losses covered under the Master Policy.
You will only be covered if a Stolen Identity Event or Unauthorized Fund Transfer first occurs while you are a member of the Master Policyholder’s Membership Program and is reported to us within ninety (90) days after your discovery of a Stolen Identity Event or Unauthorized Fund Transfer. You will not be covered if the Stolen Identity Event or Unauthorized Fund Transfer first occurs after expiration or termination of the Master Policy or termination of your membership in the Master Policyholder’s Membership Program.
Limits Of Insurance
The most we shall pay you are the Limits of Insurance shown above. All Legal Costs shall be part of and subject to the Aggregate Limit of Insurance. LEGAL COSTS ARE PART OF, AND NOT IN ADDITION TO, THE LIMIT OF INSURANCE.
The Lost Wages Limit of Insurance shown above is a sublimit of the Aggregate Limit of Insurance and is the most we shall pay you for lost wages.
There is no deductible
We shall be excess over any other insurance, including, without limitation, homeowner's or renter's insurance. If you have other insurance that applies to a loss under this policy, the other insurance shall pay first. This policy applies to the amount of loss that is in excess of the Limit of Insurance of your other insurance and the total of all your deductibles and self-insured amounts under all such other insurance. In no event shall we pay more than our Limits of Insurance as shown above.
Should you be enrolled in more than one membership program insured by us, or any of our affiliates, we will reimburse you under each membership program:
- subject to the applicable deductibles and limits of liability of each insured membership program
- but in no event shall the total amount reimbursed to you under all membership programs exceed the actual amount of loss