your company does not have to be a target of identity thieves to be a victim of a data breach.
What Would You Do If...
- Client files with social security numbers and dates of birth were stolen by an employee
- A company laptop or desktop computer with client's personal information disappears or is stolen
- A back up data disk is taken offsite and misplaced
- Client files with confidential information are accidently thrown away in an unsecured environment
- Your office has a break in and client files are missing
- An offsite storage facility is broken into and archived files with client's personal information is stolen
- A dishonest employee accesses your clients payment and credit card information for illegal purposes
- Monthly billing statements accidently get mailed with personal, confidential information on them
- A third party vendor used to assist in business services has a breach which includes your client’s data
These are limited examples of data breaches that occur on a daily basis and do not take into account the increased risk from id thieves looking for less secure environments usually found in small to mid size businesses.
data breach costs are not covered by standard business insurance policies
Zander Insurance's plan addresses the key provisions necessary to protect your business from the risk of data breaches regardless of their source.
Our three tiered approach provides an affordable plan for small and medium size businesses.
- PREVENTION: Our FREE risk assessment is a thorough and informative tool which evaluates the key areas of a specific business operation and helps determine those practices that cause an increased risk. It also recommends direct policy and procedural processes for the business to implement helping further to enhance a company’s data security practices. Further consultation and advisory services are available as well as outsourcing of specific project responsibilities depending on the specific needs of the business. This allows all levels of data security needs of a business to be addressed while eliminating unnecessary expenses.
- INSURANCE: Even with the most elaborate Data Security practices in place companies still find themselves victims of Data Breaches and the costs associated with them. By providing affordable and thorough Data Breach Liability Insurance protection our plan transfers the risk away from your company and provides protection for the costs associated with resolving the data breach. Through the use of our free risk assessment each company receives a customized cost analysis for Data Breach Liability Insurance based on their individual results. This coverage provides an industry leading level of protection in relation to liability judgments or settlements, costs of client notifications, recovery and resolution costs, legal fees, public relations and typically costs just a few thousand dollars per year.
- RESOLUTION SERVICES: The key element to minimizing the impact of a data breach is the speed and manner by which a business responds. Most data liability insurance plans reimburse for expenses leaving your company responsible for all the administrative duties in addition to the legal and emotional concerns of your clients. For this specific reason we provide access to Data Breach resolution specialists that have the expertise to guide a company through these troubling times. They will help determine the reason and extent of the data breach, formulate a strategy of response, implement and manage that response and integrate other necessary services.
Zander invites you to take our FREE risk assessment to determine the affordable rates you can receive for Data Breach Liability Insurance. Questions? Call 800-356-4282 to learn more.